Inspiration Button Interiors Button Pick of the Day

Monday, March 20, 2017

Spring Is Here!

Spring Is Here



Mary Katrantzou striped tank top, $340 / MSGM mini skirt / Topshop red tight / Black ankle boots / Gucci handbag purse / Flower hair accessory, $4.94 / Shinola Soft Linen Journal / Palomino Blackwing Pencil 602 Pack of 12


Previously, I've been known to be a minimalist when it comes to dressing up. Last year I studied in Florence, Italy and learned a lot about making the most out of a small, capsule wardrobe. Learning this was extremely influential to my outlook on fashion because it taught me that combining clothes and layering is everything.
My outlook in Spring 2017 is completely different. This spring is all about breaking out of minimalism and finding the colors and prints that match what your mood is. I was feeling pretty inspired after checking out some of Bonobo's newest collections, including their Men's Collection. Every day is a new day to pick the clothes that express who you are.
Some trends that I have incorporated in this post include:
1. Ruffles- Recently I've seen many fashion shows including the inclusion of ruffles. The best way to flaunt this look is to work it into a style that may have already included this before, like a skirt.
2. Florals- While florals in the spring aren't exactly "groundbreaking," this is the perfect time to wear florals of any color depending on the day during the unpredictable spring weather.
3. Fishnet Tights- I've included the fishnet tights that have become increasingly popular this season, but picked out red ones that are colorful and will stand out more on the streets.
4. Statement earrings- Earrings can really make or break an outfit. I've seen the most amazing outfits be ruined with the choice of an earring that doesn't compliment the look. A quality pair of earrings is something that I would splurge on because you can wear them with so many outfits.
5. Bold Stripes- The purse and the top were only picked to be a part of this outfit because of the stripes. Even though they don't match perfectly, they coordinate and would be spotted by any street-style photographer.
This look is perfect for the streets of New York, the city that I hope to live in one day. When I think of spring, I think about new beginnings and getting ready for the summer, so I'm happy to make a post about an outfit I'd like to wear this spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment